Jo Ellen Smith Living Center creates a truly unique environment in its Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Unit. From the secure entry door and outdoor patio/garden area to the soothing colors and specially designed activities, the resident’s safety, physical and psychological needs are the primary concern of our program. Our Secure 24-bed unit is supervised by our dedicated, specially trained staff, who are committed to raising the standards of excellence in providing quality living for those with Alzheimer’s and other dementia-related illnesses.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Unit
Our residents enjoy:
- 24 bed secured activity-driven Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Unit
- Dedicated staff who work only in this unit to create a safe & comfortable environment
- Staffed 24 hours a day
- Wander Guard system
- Activities tailored to past history & lifestyle
- The use of old photos for wayfinding
- A common patio area designed for orientation purposes
- An outdoor covered patio area and enclosed grounds
- No overhead paging
Come See for Yourself
Our top-quality care creates results. In fact, our discharge to home rate is above the national average. And our beautiful, comfortable surroundings make guests feel right at home. Come see what makes Jo Ellen Smith Living Center so special.